Help | RSS Feed



Grupo Financiero Santander Mexico SAB De CV (NYSE:BSMX) Seasonal Chart

BSMX Relative to the S&P 500
BSMX Relative to the S&P 500

BSMX Relative to the Sector
BSMX Relative to the Sector

Monthly Seasonal Grupo Financiero Santander Mexico SAB De CV (NYSE:BSMX)

Seasonal Chart Analysis

Analysis of the Grupo Financiero Santander Mexico SAB De CV (NYSE:BSMX) seasonal charts above shows that a Buy Date of March 22 and a Sell Date of August 10 has resulted in a geometric average return of 3.86% above the benchmark rate of the S&P 500 Total Return Index over the past 7 years. This seasonal timeframe has shown positive results compared to the benchmark in 6 of those periods. This is a very good rate of success and the return strongly outperforms the relative buy-and-hold performance of the stock over the past 7 years by an average of 22.55% per year.

The seasonal timeframe correlates Poorly with the period of seasonal strength for the Financial sector, which runs from November 22 to April 13. The seasonal chart for the broad sector is available via the following link: Financial Sector Seasonal Chart.

A word of caution: Only 7 years of data is available for shares of BSMX, perhaps insufficient to create a seasonal profile that accurately gauges the seasonal tendencies influencing the investment. Ideally, while 20 years is preferred, at least 10 years of data is required to perform a seasonal analysis that is considered to be reliable for future seasonal periods.

Banco Santander Mexico SA is the fourth- largest bank by assets in Mexico. The bank’s history dates back to its parent in one of the largest IPOs in Mexico’s history, but remains 75% owned by Santander Group. The bank has almost 1,400 branches and employs 17,000 people. Santander Mexico provides traditional banking services to corporate and consumer clients. Roughly 60% of the bank’s loan portfolio is commercial loans while the remaining 40% is split between mortgage and consumer loans.

To download BSMX seasonal chart data, please log in or Subscribe.

 

Stocks mentioned in this post:

    Search Seasonal Charts by Symbol, Company, or Term

   Symbols by Letter: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z


Sponsored By...
Seasonal Advantage Portfolio by CastleMoore