Help | RSS Feed



DaVita Inc. (NYSE:DVA) Seasonal Chart

Seasonal Chart Analysis

Analysis of the DaVita Inc. (NYSE:DVA) seasonal charts above shows that a Buy Date of May 16 and a Sell Date of August 7 has resulted in a geometric average return of 6.62% above the benchmark rate of the S&P 500 Total Return Index over the past 20 years. This seasonal timeframe has shown positive results compared to the benchmark in 16 of those periods. This is a very good rate of success, but the return underperforms the relative buy-and-hold performance of the stock over the past 20 years by an average of 6.14% per year.

The seasonal timeframe is Inline with the period of seasonal strength for the Healthcare sector, which runs from April 25 to December 4. The seasonal chart for the broad sector is available via the following link: Healthcare Sector Seasonal Chart.

DaVita is the largest provider of dialysis services in the U.S., boasting market share levels that eclipse 35% measured by both patients and clinics. The firm operates 2,905 facilities worldwide, with 2,664 in the United States, and treats over 225,000 patients globally each year. Management began to build out a fledgling international business in 2011, but we anticipate this business will need to continue to expand before it garners the scale needed to earn attractive returns. Government payers dominate dialysis reimbursement–DaVita receives approximately 69% of U.S. sales at Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement rates, with the remaining 31% coming from commercial insurers.

To download DVA seasonal chart data, please log in or Subscribe.

 

Stocks mentioned in this post:

    Search Seasonal Charts by Symbol, Company, or Term

   Symbols by Letter: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z


Sponsored By...
Seasonal Advantage Portfolio by CastleMoore